Oster Law Offices was founded in 1961. We have served the community’s legal needs for over 50 years!
We are a full service law firm, providing quality service at reasonable rates. We work one on one with clients, providing compassionate support and aggressive advocacy.
We realize the legal process at times can be complex, our attorneys are your link to navigating the legal system. We have bilingual lawyers that will serve the need of any English or Spanish speaking client. Come visit us for a free initial consultation on any matter. We are conveniently located in Lincoln, Rhode Island.
GERALD A. OSTER, Esquire
Gerald founded Oster Law Offices in 1961 and was the Town of Lincoln’s first Town Administrator. He practiced law for over 50 years and his legacy continues.
ROBERT D. OSTER, Esquire
Born in Providence, RI, Robert graduated from Lincoln High School in 1970. He received his Bachelor’s degree from Boston University in 1975, magna cum laude. He received his law degree from St. Louis University, in 1979, where he was an editor of the St. Louis University Law Journal.
Robert was President of the RI Bar Association from 2001 to 2002. He was also Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President of the RI Bar Association from 1998 to 2001.
Currently, Robert is the RI Bar Association Delegate to the American Bar Association, in the House of Delegates. He has been a board member of Rhode Island Legal Services since 1995, and Chairperson of the Board of Directors in 2010-2015.
Robert has been with the firm for 36 years. Robert successfully argued Penhallow vs. Penhallow in the Rhode Island Supreme Court, which was the first case to substantively interpret Rhode Island’s premarital agreement statute.
Robert also successfully argued Borden v. Borden, in the Rhode Island Supreme Court. The Supreme Court dealt with the issue of property settlement agreements and to what extent the court retains the power to modify those agreements.
Our office settled a personal injury claim in excess of $1 million dollars, and many complex estate planning and settlement issues.
Robert is an expert in family law and authored a chapter in A Practical Guide to Divorce in Rhode Island.
In Robert’s free time he likes to travel, exercise, and read. He lives in Lincoln with his wife and has five daughters.
Robert is a member of:
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association, House of Delegates
- Rhode Island Bar Association, ABA Delegate
- Town of Lincoln Conservation Commission, 1985-2000
- Cumberland Lincoln Boys and Girls Club, Board of Directors 2000-2014, Trustee, 2015
- Pawtucket YMCA, Board of Directors 2005-Present
- Rhode Island Disability Law Center, Board of Directors 2005-2018
- Town of Lincoln, Moderator Saylesville Fire District, 2012-Present
- Town of Lincoln Zoning Board, 2014-2020
- Adjunct Professor, Johnson & Wales University MBA Program 2008-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Bryant University, 2008-2017
- Adjunct Professor, Rhode Island College, 2015 – 2016